Thank you for sharing this page in:
Wadi Tor "The Canyoning Classic"!
|Photo Gallery from previous tour
Canyon Tor (or Tur) can be definitely called "the classics" of the Israeli canyoning. This is an ideal place for those, who want to arrange active holiday trip, but not to work extremely hard. And this is why:
- First, there are no exhausting climbs.
- Second, there are no long passes from slope to slope. It means - more time for abseiling!
- Third, the slopes of this canyons are "clean and friendly", and 80-ty meters hunk-descent in the winter sunset - the magic mixture of romantics and adrenalin.
You can go to this trip with all your family, you can take pictures from different sometimes very unusual angles, and the Dead Sea view one of the most panoramic and beautiful.
Not to mention the nature's silent beauty.
A photo camera is a must in this tour!
1. The unusual photographs.
2. The tour you will not forget in the next 10 years.
3. The feeling of envy of those to whom you will tell about the place where you have been.
Our warmest recommendations!
The trip consists of the 20 minutes hiking from kibbutz Metzoke Dragot to beginning of the Tor creek. Rappelling 6 slopes up to 80 meters height and beautiful route through the bed of the Wadi.
There is no need in previous experience or special physical training for participation in our tour. Throughout the whole journey you'll be in the good hands of our experienced instructors, who will provide your safety, help you in the difficult places, support you with the kind words, and if you'll behave well they will make a true oriental black coffee. Joke :-)
How the canyonning tour is taking off, read here.
Tour starts - Friday 20:00.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - here.
Meeting place - The gate to kibuz Mezukei Dragot. map
Those who don't arrive in time coming to place - 200 meters before Mezukei Dragot. map
Approximate tour finish - Saturday 19:00
We meet in the evening at the overnight place. Spread the tents, make the table and BBQ. Get to know each other, talk, eat and sing. PLEASE NOTE! We cook and buy the food for dinner by ourselves. The distribution of the fodd products for purchasing we do on Thursday after closing the registration.
We rise in the morning (aprox. 7 a.m.). Fold the tents, dring coffee with cookies, take the backpacks and start the trip.
We hike on the desert trail (about 20-30 minutes hike) until we enter the canyon. No hard climbs, no boulders, just desert view around.
We come to the first slope, get the instructions for the rappelling process, put on the rappelling equipment and start descending. The highest slope - 80 meters will wait for us at the end of the canyon.
After the last descent we walk on the beautiful trail down the mountains back to the cars. Return the equipment, share the impressions and celebrate fun day and a new friendship by drinking coffee on our way home.
What to bring for the tour:
- 4 liter of water for each participant - must have!
- headlamp - must have! (if you don't have it tell us in notes when you register)
- 3 batteries AAA for headlamp - must have!
- protection gloves for descending on rope - must have! (in stores like Tambur or ACE)
- sport footgear like sneakers - must have!
- food for tour day (sandwiches etc.)
- small backpack for the above
- headdress for sun protection (must have)
- sun protection cream
- sun protection eyeglasses
- sleeping bag
- sleeping mat
- good mood - must have!
The number of participants is limited!
Tour price - 250 NIS for each participant.
Tour price for NON-Israelis - 90 USD for each participant. The price includes tourist insurance fee.
- set of UIAA*/CE certified brand canyoning equipment for each participant
- certified Instructors
* UIAA - International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation
||Copyright © 2009-2014 Q-Terra. All rights reserved.