Tour in Israel - Every Monday!
Salt Cave Colonel + swimming in the Dead Sea!
On the most southern part of the Dead Sea is the unique and one of a kind mountain. This mountain is entirely consists of salt. It is the usual cooking salt which everyone has in the kitchen.
We invite you to take part in the trip to the undergrounds of this great "salt cellar" – the cave Colonel. This cave is a natural miracle of the world and to get a close acquaintance with the salty mountain one cannot find a better candidate.
1. Unusual photographs.
2. Tour that you will not forget in the next 10 years.
3. Feeling of envy of those whom you will tell about the place where you've been.
There are fancy stalactites, winding passages and huge gaps which barely get a ray of light. And this entire splendor shining in the light of a headlamp we need to pass, climb and crawl using the special equipment.
The entrance to the cave is decorated with the 80-ty meters deep well which continues with the underground meandering channels. In every corner one can discover a fabulous wealth of the cave- thin threads of white stalactites, salty "snow" under feet, crystals in a form of electric outlets. Salty walls shaped as "wings" sound like bells and sparkle with myriads of lights like a precious stones.
Here you can also find a stone "library" of paleontological artifacts. A few minutes of simple digging will reveal the imprints of trilobite, seaweed and even fish! What a great souvenir to take back home!
Cave Colonel is keeping the same temperature all year round (+25°С) which makes it a warm shelter from a cold winter winds and natural air-cooler in a hot Dead Sea summer.
You will go up to the Plateau of Sodom Mountain where the astonishing view on a southern Dead Sea pools is opening. Here, in this exact place, according to a biblical legend, God ordered Lot and his family to run from Sodom and Gomorrah's destruction and never look back. However, Lot's wife, probably out of curiosity (or any other reason) looked back and immediately turned into a salt pillar. This pillar is seen today in a shape of a women's body.
The narrow canyon will lead us to a wide hole in the rocks – the entrance to the salty well of Colonel. Using the ropes and caving equipment we will descent into the main hall of the cave with its "zebra" or "tree rings" like walls. You'll hear the hollow echo of your own voice and the crunch of broken salt crystals under your feet.
This underground world is available only for a few, so the glory of "elite" is waiting for anyone who decides to visit Colonel.
After the salty caving we will go swimming in the salty water of Dead Sea in SPA center. This time the salt is needed for healing and relaxing. Here as well you can taste a good lunch.
10:00-15:00 Cave Colonel caving trip with ropes
16:30-18:00 Swimming in SPA and Dead Sea beach.
There is no need in previous experience or special physical training for participation in our tour.
Throughout the whole journey you'll be in the good hands of our experienced instructors, who will provide your safety, help you in the difficult places and support you with the kind words.
The tour is suitable for children from the age of 7
Minimal participants for the tour: 2
How the caving tour is taking off, read here.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions here.
- Bus/Car will take you from the places listed below.
- It is very important to be ready on time and wait for a transport in a lobby of a hotel or in a point of meeting.
- The transport can arrive with a little delay. We'll appreciate your patience and understanding.
Time and meeting points
- Netaniya: hotels on a coastline and central bus station - 05:10
- Tel-Aviv: hotels on Yarkon and Ha-Mered streets - 05:50
- Tel-Aviv: Arlozorov railway station - 06:30
- Jerusalem: hotels near the city's entrance and Binyaney Uma (opposite the central bus station) - 07:40
- Ein-Bokek: all hotels - 10:00
The approximate ending time – 21:00 - 22:00
You should take following for the tour:
- 3-4 liters of water for each participant - must have!
- sport footgear - must have!
- headdress for sun protection - must have!
- pants and shirt with long sleeves - must have!
- spare clothing (since you will be dirty after cave)
- sun protection cream
- small backpack for the above
- good mood!
Tour price - 155 USD (or 620 ILS).
The number of participants is limited!
The price includes:
- Caving UIAA/CE* set for each participant
- Certified instructors
- SPA entrance
- Private Dead Sea beach entrance
- Booking service
Price does not include:
- Lunch (15-18 USD)
* UIAA - International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation
* CE - European Product Safety Regulations