At the south end of the Dead Sea is a unique and one of a kind mountain. This mountain is entirely composed of salt. Inside this salt mountain there are hundreds of caves that run through it like a Holland cheese. We invite you to take a trip into one of these caves - Cave Colonel. For closer acquaintance with salt caves better candidate hardly can be found.
1. Unusual photographs.
2. Tour that you will not forget in the next 10 years.
3. Feeling of envy of those whom you will tell about the place where you've been.
The main hall of the cave 85 meters high will shake your imagination with its grandiose beauty. Fancy threads of salt stalactites adorn the walls of the cave's meander, salt "wings" make sounds that remind of a bell rings and begin to sparkle in the light of lanterns with myriads of crystals like precious stones. You would not believe that nature could create such a miracle.
This trip is perfect for beginners. It includes walking up to Mount Sodom plateau on the cut in rock ladder, descending to the main pit of the Colonel Cave and going through the exciting obstacle of the cave's meander.
This trip is forbidden for claustrophobic.
There is no need in previous experience or special physical training for participation in our tour. Throughout the whole journey you'll be in the good hands of our experienced instructors, who will provide your safety, help you in the difficult places, support you with the kind words, and if you'll behave well they will make a true oriental black coffee. Joke :-)
How the caving tour is taking off, read here.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - here.
Tour starts - Friday 20:00
Meeting place - Cafe Aroma in Ein Bokek (same building as McDonalds)
Approximate tour finish - Saturday 17:00
You should take following for the tour:
- 4 liter of water for each participant (must have)
- headlamp (must have)
- 3 spare batteries AAA for headlamp
- protection gloves for descending on rope (in stores like Tambur or ACE)
- sport footgear like sneakers
- sleeping bag
- sleeping mat
- headdress for sun protection (must have)
- food for tour day (sandwiches etc.)
- small backpack for the above
- good mood! (must have)
The number of participants is limited!
Tour price - 250 NIS for each participant.
- set of UIAA*/CE certified brand canyoning equipment for each participant
- certified Instructors
* UIAA - International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation