If you are looking for an unusual journey into a place that most tourists don't know about, where you can not only get a beautiful tan and swim in a cool clear waters without medusas and high waves, but also get a rush of adrenalin and great impressions, then this tour is ideal for you.
1. Unusual photographs.
2. Tour that you will not forget in the next 10 years.
3. Feeling of envy of those whom you will tell about the place where you've been.
The canyon with somewhat thrilling name Black Gorge (in Hebrew Nakik Shachor) is safely hidden from curious eyes in the depths of sun burned yellow hills of the Golan Heights. Don't let this name to confuse you; the canyon got it because of its dark basalt rocks. This is the real "black pearl" of the Israeli nature!
Here you can find everything to strike your eyes and please your soul. There are various flowers with bright shiny colors, bushes with wild blackberries and figs, murmuring springs and noisy waterfalls, bringing their waters from the mountains all year round. There are also fish and funny crabs swimming in pools and little lakes, and, of course, the bizarre basalt formations that add originality and beauty to the canyon.
You will see with your own eyes all this nature's wealth and splendor, and at the same time try the popular and unique kind of activity – water canyoning! You will descend on the rope into the rough sparkling waterfalls up to 30 meters high! You can jump from the rocks into the water pools, get a sunbath sitting in the lake, and get a massage standing under the powerful water streams.
By the end of the trip, after a short climb up to the hills you will discover a breathtaking view on the Sea of Galilee, Upper Galilee mountains and Golan Heights. And we assure you – this journey will become one of the most vivid impressions from your Israeli vacation!
The route includes walking to the Black Gorge canyon, canyoning in waterfalls and by the end climbing up to the point of start.
This trip suits not only for adults but also for children from age 7.
It is recommended to take with you spare clothing and to have waterproof bag.
During the tour you will swim in the waterfalls so all clothing and backpacks will be wet. In case you are planning to take with you cell phone, camera or anything else that can be damaged by water, you should have a dry-bag. You can purchase it in stores like AlpineStyle or Lametayel. In AlpineStyle you can get up to 18% discount if you tell that you came from Q-Terra and bring a printed coupon.
It is necessary to know how to swim in order to participate in this tour.
09:00 - 15:00 Rappelling in Qumran canyon
15:00 - 16:00 Lunch
16:00 - starting the way back
The approximate ending of the tour - 20:00
There is no need in previous experience or special physical training for participation in our tour.
Throughout the whole journey you'll be in the good hands of our experienced instructors, who will provide your safety, help you in the difficult places and support you with the kind words.
The tour is suitable for children from the age of 7
Minimal participants for the tour: 2
How the canyonning tour is taking off, read here.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - here.
- Bus/Car will take you from the places listed below.
- It is very important to be ready on time and wait for a transport in a lobby of a hotel or in a point of meeting.
- The transport can arrive with a little delay. We'll appreciate your patience and understanding.
Time and meeting points
- Netaniya: hotels on a coastline and central bus station - 05:10
- Tel-Aviv: hotels on Yarkon and Ha-Mered streets - 05:50
- Tel-Aviv: Arlozorov railway station - 06:30
- Jerusalem: hotels near the city's entrance and Binyaney Uma (opposite the central bus station) - 07:40
You should take following for the tour:
- 3-4 liters of water for each participant - must have!
- sport footgear - must have!
- headdress for sun protection - must have!
- some food for tour day (sandwiches etc.)
- spare clothing (all tour is in water)
- sun protection eyeglasses
- sun protection cream
- small backpack for the above - must have!
- good mood - must have!
Tour price - 155 USD (or 620 ILS).
The number of participants is limited!
The price includes:
- Canyoning UIAA/CE* set for each participant
- Certified instructors
- Booking service
Price does not include:
- Lunch (15-18 USD)
- enterence into national park (approximately 5 USD)
* UIAA - International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation
* CE - European Product Safety Regulations